Digital marketing is a broad word that refers to a variety of internet marketing activities. Main purpose a digital marketing company is to accomplish three things:
- Boost your internet visibility.
- Investigate the market.
- Connect your social media profiles and networks.
What Does a Digital Marketing Company Do?
So, what precisely is the role of a digital marketing company? A plethora of avenues exist within the three basic goals listed above. While you may not need all of these services from an outside company—or all of these services for your business—they do encompass functions such as:
- Website Designing & Website Optimization
- Content Writing & Content Marketing
- App Development
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media Marketing
- Mobile marketing and online ad integration
- Cross-Platform Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Brand Optimization
- Reports The Return on Investment (ROI) of Digital Strategies and Tactics
These are just a few of the reasons you might use an outside marketing firm. It is critical that you check what an outside company creates and distributes online before partnering with them. Nobody understands your company or brand better than you, and you don’t want to risk having erroneous information generated on your behalf. In fact, even if the erroneous data was an honest error, it has a negative impact on the bottom line of 88 percent of all businesses. Having said that, the value of outsourcing digital initiatives is extremely significant.
Can You Handle Your Digital Marketing on Your Own?
You can easily handle some of your digital marketing in-house; you just need to evaluate which aspects of your digital marketing plans your workers are capable of executing properly. As a small business owner, you may not have the resources to hire a full-time marketing or digital marketing professional. You are probably more concerned with hiring someone with experience that is directly connected to your sector. However, you may have someone whose part-time job it is to carry out parts of your digital marketing, even if they spend the majority of their time doing other things. Here are some examples of tasks that you might be able to keep in-house.
- Allow an outside digital marketing company to create your website, but keep pages, content, and blog entries updated in-house.
- You monitor your social media postings to ensure that all communication is crafted in a way that best represents your business, but an outside business manages your sponsored social marketing.
- You publish your press releases, blog posts, and online articles, but your online content is distributed by a third party.
- Hire a professional video production company to make great marketing videos, but post them on your websites, social networks, and online profiles.
- Find a suitable digital marketing company to develop your email marketing or other web material, but you’ll be in charge of delivery.
- Your in-house marketing department produces marketing themes and materials, but you entrust the management and implementation of online and cross-platform marketing to a service provider.
- Hire a third-party digital marketing company to conduct market research, such as determining the most relevant keywords this quarter.
- Your target audience’s preferred social media channels.
- Finding niches within your target market.
It is entirely up to you what you do in-house. Just make sure you have a quantifiable plan in place, complete with a schedule and a system for tracking progress. Some business owners outsource their digital marketing to an outside digital marketing company so that they may focus all of their time and energy on developing client relationships. If you choose this path, maintain in frequent contact with your outside digital marketing company to ensure that you completely grasp their emphasis and your return on investment.
Either you or any of your team members will have to know the terminologies and fundamentals of digital marketing in order to ensure that they are fully aware of all that is done. Whatever path you select.
How Does Social Media Fit Into The Frame?
When people are asked, “What does a digital marketing company do?” the first thing that springs to mind is social media. With 52 percent of all businesses gaining at least one new client through Facebook in 2013, and most social media sites giving new ways to market your brand, this percentage is certain to rise dramatically. Within the next five years, social media expenses for both small and large companies are predicted to more than treble.
The key thing about social media is that it is created to connect with friends, supporters, and followers—which requires effort and consistency. It is doubtful that social media would create leads immediately, and ROI is tough to quantify. Having profiles on the social media sites where your target audience is active is critical for your online relevance.
Most businesses manage their day-to-day consumer interactions and some (although not all) of their social media posts on their social media platforms. An outside digital marketing company can manage paid advertising, bringing traffic to your social media platforms, and providing assistance with post optimization by managing questions, comments, and private messages in-house.
Consider how you will handle client queries and inquiries if you outsource all of your social media tasks. While an outside digital marketing company may perform an excellent job of increasing likes, fans, and follows, they will be unable to answer your specific questions. Because customers use social media to provide online customer care, you must have a strategy in place to answer to direct questions. Currently, just 39 out of every 100 businesses actively respond to consumer inquiries, implying that far too many prospective client inquiries are sliding through the cracks.
Digital marketing continues to change and evolve
So now you know what a digital marketing company does in overall, there’s one more thing to keep in mind: digital marketing is constantly changing and evolving.
So if you can handle a lot of your marketing plans and methods in-house, digital marketing companies will be the first to know about the most cutting-edge, current, and effective ways to market your company online. Search engine algorithms are constantly evolving, social marketing strategies are constantly changing, and new online and mobile advertising formats are constantly being developed. Digital agencies will always be more knowledgeable in generating and promoting digital media, saving you time and effort in attempting to stay on top of industry trends.
Although it’s critical to have a strong working relationship with a third-party digital marketing company or a group of third-party freelancers, it’s also critical to understand what you’re paying for—and how you’ll be able to quantify success in dollars.