It’s no secret that video has taken over the world of digital marketing. From brand storytelling to product demos, we’ve all seen how quickly video has revolutionized the way businesses communicate with their customers. And if you want to compete with the big dogs, video is an essential tool to keep in your content marketing arsenal.
But how powerful is it really, you ask? We’re letting the numbers speak for themselves. We have compiled a list of the can’t-miss video marketing stats that every marketer and content creator needs to know. Whether it’s your first time in the video marketing pool or you’re a seasoned professional, understanding the impact that video marketing has on your audience will help maximize your marketing efforts and drive real results.
- 91% of businesses use video as a marketing tool, and videos are twice as likely to be shared than any other type of content
- 94% of marketers say that video has improved customer knowledge, and 87% of marketers say that video provides a positive ROI
- People consume an average of 18 hours of video each week, and 75% of people watch short-form video content on their mobile device
- Including video on your landing page can increase your conversion rate by up to 80%
By considering key video marketing stats as you perfect your content marketing strategy, you can maximize the effectiveness of your business’s content.
Key Video Marketing Stats
The video marketing stats below will help you craft a content marketing strategy that drives growth for your business.
1. 91% of businesses use video as a marketing tool in 2023
Image Source: Wyzowl
This comes as no surprise, since there are 244.4 million digital video viewers in the United States alone.
2. Video uploads have increased by 263.4% in 5 years
That’s because 91% of consumers want to see more online video content from brands.
3. 52% of companies create videos to educate their audience
Tutorials and explainer videos are especially helpful in educating audience members about your business’s products and services.
4. Videos are twice as likely to be shared than any other type of content
Many companies use video marketing to increase sales, enhance brand awareness, and build trust with current customers.
5. 92% of marketers now say that videos are a very important part of their marketing strategy as of 2023
Source: Demand Sage
In fact, 78% of marketers say that videos have made a positive impact on sales, while 86% say that video marketing has increased traffic to their website.
Benefits of Video Marketing
6. Over 60% of marketers consider video to be very/extremely important to their marketing strategy
Image Source: Biteable
7. 84% of video marketers think video has helped with lead generation
Posting brand videos on social media is a great way to reach new audience members, and ultimately land new customers.
8. 94% of marketers claim that video has improved customer knowledge of their goods or services
Source: Demand Sage
In fact, 72% of customers say that they would rather learn about a business’s products and services via video.
9. 87% of marketers say that video provides a positive return on investment (ROI)
And, 83% of marketers say that video marketing has helped increase the average time spent on their website.
Video Marketing Stats About Your Audience
10. 96% of consumers have watched explainer videos to learn about a product or service
Ultimately leading to 94% of marketers reporting that video has helped their audience understand their business’s values.
11. People consume an average of 18 hours of video each week
That works out to about 2.5 hours per day, making room for many opportunities to engage with your audience via high quality content!
12. 80% of people prefer videos over written text
Image Source: Neal Schaffer
13. 87% of consumers want more videos from brands
14. 75% of people watch short-form video content on their mobile
Source: Inside Intelligence
Video Marketing Channels
15. YouTube has more than 2.5 Billion active users
16. Millennials are 1.9x more likely to tag a product on TikTok than on any other platform
American users spend an average of 46 minutes on TikTok every day, adding up to about 37 billion video views a month!
17. 70% of users swiped up on Instagram Stories ads to access a promoted website or product
And actually, one-third of the most watched Instagram Stories were posted by business profiles.
Image Source: In Video
18. Sponsored Instagram videos get 3x as many comments as sponsored photos
And, social media videos in general get 48% more views.
19. LinkedIn users are 20x more likely to share a video post
Source: Demand Sage
Although, businesses can get 24x more comments and 7x more reactions on LinkedIn live-streams compared to a published video.
Video Marketing Best Practices
20. 81% of marketers think videos that include music perform better
And, 66% of marketers think that videos perform better when they include a voiceover. Moral of the story: your video’s audio can make a major impact on views.
21. 90% of consumers use their mobile devices to watch video content
…ultimately causing total time spent watching videos to increase by about 249% in 5 years.
22. 79% of people say user-generated content highly impacts their purchasing decisions
Not to mention, 84% of video watchers say that a brand video has convinced them to buy a product or service.
23. 64% of marketers think videos that include captions perform better
Perfect Content Marketing Strategy Today
The numbers don’t lie – these video marketing stats prove the importance of using video as a tool to educate your views and generate qualified leads. When you understand the power of video marketing, you can use it to deliver high quality content that resonates with your audience.
Are you ready to start cranking out high quality content? The key to success is consistency. Get started today by checking out our weekly blog content service, or schedule a free consultation now to learn more!
The post The Can’t-Miss List of Video Marketing Statistics (with Sources) appeared first on Marketing Insider Group.